Make politicians use the same services we do. Have their kids attend public (ie state) schools, make them travel using public transport.
I wonder how long they would be prepared to put up with what the rest of society takes for granted…
- New laws must be beta-tested. All pro-voters of new laws must undertake a 3 month beta-test of the bill they voted into existence prior to being ratified.
- Salary payment will be based on a percentile of the Net Profit of the country … starting from the fifth and ending on the tenth year after their term.
- Make corporate buyout of politicians illegal. Calling it campaign sponsorship doesn’t change what it is.
- Socialise insurance. Seriously.
- Implement actual democracy? I mean, we have the technology to do so. An IP Telephone in every household with a 12” LCD screen to allow you to place your individual vote on a bill, or designate your proxy vote to a specific candidate - any candidate - not just the one in your region - who you feel has your interests at heart … thus ensuring that each and every single vote actually counts, each and every time. But then again, democracy gives every voter a chance to do something stupid by enforcing the notion that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”
- Frack it, burn them … burn them all!