Tortellini al Brodo was for dinner (Taken with instagram)
The 25 minute version:
- 600ml of prepared chicken stock
- 400gm Tortellini (these were filled with ricotta)
- 1 carrot - grated
- half an onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 3 diced roma tomatoes
- salt, pepper and a dash of paprika
Once you have all your ingredients:
- Get the tortellini on the boil in some salt water. Cook them to al dente.
- In a separate pot, saute the onions in a dash of oil and butter until translucent, add in the grated carrot and continue to saute until the carrot starts to look like it’s melting. Add the mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes and increase the heat a little to get the ingredients to sweat out and combine for a few minutes. when the liquid starts to form at the bottom of the pot, add your chicken stock, turn the heat back down to medium and allow the flavours to blend. Stir occasionally until the mixture begins to boil. Add the dash of paprika, stir well.
- Drain the tortellini and add them to the soup. Taste the stock and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some shaved parmesan and some crusty bread to mop up the soup.